Diamond Peak Recruiting
Mechanical CAD Designer Plainville CT
Title: Mechanical CAD Designer
Location: Plainville, CT
Type: Higher-Ed, K-12, Distribution Centers, Libraries, Museums, Commercial mostly
Category: HVAC/MEP Sub-Contractor
AEC/MEP Classification: Construction/Design-Build
Production Layer: Mechanical/HVAC/MEP Subcontractor
Project Budget: 100k-10 million
Brief Company Description: We are a commercial Mechanical/MEP subcontractor with a great reputation. Our teams design/manage/install large HVAC systems on a small and large scale. We mainly work with reputable and well-known GCs who use us exclusively for all of their small to large scale commercial based projects.
Must have skills and Requirement Quick Facts:
– The CAD Designer will work with Project Managers, Project Engineers and CAD Manager to manage and create all drafted documentation associated with projects.
– Proficiency in Trimble Pipe/Duct Designer, Autodesk software including autocad, MEP and Navisworks for clash detection.
– Strong understanding of mechanical design fundamentals and practices
– Field experience in the industry and or a strong understanding of system layouts and design.
– The documentation will primarily be created using Trimble, Autodesk Software.
– Prepare design drawings, details, and sketches from sketches, concepts or mark-ups provided by project management staff.
– Work under the direction of the CAD Manager and Project Managers to design complex drawings, such as P&ID, construction documents, routine design layouts, detailed drawings, equipment skid and piping.
– Prepare complex drawings (e.g., PFDs, P&IDs, scaled equipment layouts, and equipment details).
– Prepare and work with bills of material (BOMs) and other construction documents.
– Develop equipment/material schedules and material takeoffs, from drawings or sketches.
Employment Package being offered:
– Open – 60-100k (they are open to higher it all depends on experience)
– Full Benefits
– Solid Aetna Health, Dental, Vision plans
– 2-3 weeks
– PTO DOE
– Life and short term disability plans as well at no additional cost to the employee
– 401k + matching